READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without a book. Built for book lovers, the Kindle app puts millions of eBooks, including textbooks and comics in English and a number of Indian languages at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ
-Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from over seven million Kindle eBooks, comics and more and start reading in seconds. Explore notable new releases, Amazon best reads, best sellers and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s eBooks, self-development, religion, non-fiction and more—and also try any eBook before you buy, with a free sample.
-Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading with the freedom to explore millions of eBooks, comics and more. Terms and conditions apply.
-Read as much as you want from hundreds of eBooks, comics and more with Prime Reading. Included at no additional cost with Amazon Prime membership.
-Read eBooks in 5 Indian languages. Pick from a range of bestselling books in Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam and Gujarati by top Indian authors. Read classics, translations and bestsellers in these Indian languages.
-Choose from a wide range of etextbooks and exam preparation eBooks for your academic needs
-Read books by your favourite Indian and International authors. Works of Chetan Bhagat, Amish, Dan Brown, Jeffery Archer and other popular authors to pick your next read from.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your smartphone or tablet into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
- Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
- Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
- Track your reading progress. See what percentage of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
- Bookmark places you want to revisit, highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
- Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
- Zoom in on high-definition color images in eBooks, comics and more
- Sync your eBooks across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.